Founded in 1987, the mission of RedRover is to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance and education. RedRover accomplishes its mission by engaging volunteers and supporters, collaborating with others and maximizing the use of online technology.
RedRover is committed to:
preventing animals from being in crisis by:
- strengthening the common bond between people and animals
- helping children explore the bond between people and animals through stories and discussion
- helping children share information about animals, reflect on the roles of animals in their communities and determine our responsibilities toward them
- educating people about the dangers of leaving dogs in hot cars
bringing animals out of crisis and into care by:
- caring for animals displaced by natural disasters or rescued from mass cruelty situations
- providing financial assistance to pet owners and animal rescuers to obtain urgent veterinary care
mitigating situations of animals in crisis by:
- offering financial incentives to encourage witnesses to animal cruelty to come forward
- connecting volunteers and rescuers with opportunities to help animals in need
Get a list of our staff and board of directors and find out about current internship and employment opportunities.
Get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about RedRover.
See how RedRover uses donations effectively to bring animals from crisis to care.