Please note: For safety reasons, applications must be submitted by a case worker or domestic violence shelter representative.
If you are a victim of domestic violence and need immediate assistance:
- Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.7233.
- View a directory of family violence shelters that have resources for pets: SafePlaceforPets.org
If you are domestic violence shelter:
- Download the Sheltering Animals & Families Together™ Start-Up Guide, which outlines how to transform your shelter to house family pets on-site.
- Download RedRover's flier on animals and domestic violence to share this information.
- See our resource page for additional resources.
For the safety of the client, applications must be submitted by a domestic violence shelter representative on behalf of the client. The program is unable to respond to requests by email, phone, fax or mail.
The client must:
- Live in the United States and have plans to stay at a domestic violence shelter.
- Provide regular updates to domestic violence agency representative regarding pets
The domestic violence advocate must:
- Establish a plan for how the animal's needs can be met. For example, contact a boarding kennel and/or veterinary clinic and obtain a written estimate for services needed - i.e. vaccinations, spay/neuter, boarding, veterinary care.
- Submit an online application on behalf of the client.
- Provide regular updates on the client's situation.
The animal(s) must:
- Be a companion animal belonging to a victim of domestic violence.
- RedRover will cover the cost of vaccinations and spay/neuter for any animals we help through the Safe Escape program. This service is offered at no charge to the client.
The boarding facility or clinic must:
- Provide RedRover with both an initial written estimate and a final invoice at RedRover's request.
- Accept a check from RedRover and, and be willing to provide a Form W-9 (for tax purposes) if grants exceed $600 in a calendar year.
RedRover cannot help if any of the following apply:
- The boarding has already been completed and you need assistance paying the bill.
- The client is not working with a domestic violence advocate toward entering a domestic violence shelter.
How To Apply:
Read the above purpose statement and eligibility requirements carefully before applying.
I have read and agree to the above eligibility requirements RedRover Relief Safe Escape Grant Application