Economic hardships can prevent people from caring for the animals they love. When circumstances threaten the bonds between people and their pets, the RedRover Relief program is there to help.
RedRover Relief provides:
- Financial assistance grants so pet caregivers can care for animals who need urgent veterinary care
- An easy online application and quick approval process
- Resources for pet owners struggling with economic hardship
- Resources for victims of domestic violence
Download RedRover’s flier on basic grant eligibility guidelines to share this information.
The goal of the program is to help animals who need immediate veterinary care to survive. Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we cannot help everyone. The typical grant is $100 to $200. Decisions are based upon several factors, including: medical urgency, financial need, available funding and eligibility.
Once an application is submitted online, you can expect to receive a response via e-mail or by phone within one to two business days.
* Please note that while the RedRover Relief grant application is set up to be accessible from a phone web browser, phones will sometimes have difficulty submitting the application. The best way to submit the application is from a computer.
If an animal is in need of immediate care, where any delay will put the animal at risk, it is the owner's responsibility and duty to seek care for the animal immediately. There is no guarantee that the RedRover Relief program will be able to provide financial assistance.
The applicant (person/group applying for a grant) must:
- Be seeking assistance for one animal in need of urgent medical care.
- Have obtained a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan. RedRover cannot pay for office exams or diagnostic testing.
- Before RedRover Relief grants can be considered as an option, pet owners must first apply for Care Credit.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Make a concerted fundraising effort, attempting to find funding through your own means and personal contacts. See our suggestions for fundraising.
- Submit a completed application online.
- Provide updates, photos and video if RedRover is able to help.
- Live in the United States.
The animal must:
- Have a life-threatening injury or illness that requires urgent and specific treatment.
- Have a favorable prognosis.
- Be spayed or neutered (if the animal is not already spayed/neutered, please include plans for having this done when submitting the application).
The veterinary clinic must:
- Be aware of the client's financial need.
- Be willing to speak with a case manager from RedRover and provide an itemized estimate upon request.
- Accept a check from RedRover.
RedRover cannot help if any of the following apply:
- The animal's treatment has been completed.
The animal's medical needs are for:
- ongoing conditions or treatments (such as diabetes or chemotherapy)
- testing or diagnostic work (such as X-rays, MRI or blood work)
- routine care (such as spay/neuter, vaccinations or annual exams)
You are the owner of the animal and have previously received a RedRover Relief grant
- HOW TO APPLY
Read the above purpose statement and eligibility requirements carefully before applying.
I have read and agree to the above eligibility requirements RedRover Relief Pre-Application Questionnaire