Each year, our RedRover Relief case managers respond to thousands of desperate pleas from pet owners – often for animals suffering from life-threatening conditions that could have been avoided through simple preventative measures.
That's why we are excited to announce the launch of our #IHeartMyPet Care Education Campaign! Our goal is to help animal caregivers prepare for veterinary emergencies through cost-saving strategies and preventive care tips.
Our team of expert case managers and veterinary professionals will share how you can be proactive and prepared for veterinary emergencies. They will answer questions like:
“How do I know if this is an emergency?”
“How do I keep my pet safe when I’m not home?”
“How can I afford a veterinary emergency?”
“What are the most common pet illnesses?”
“How much does it cost to care for a pet?”
Show everyone how much you care about your pet by taking the #IHeartMyPet pledge to give your pet routine veterinary care.
On Facebook (click to share on your timeline):
- Take a close-up picture of you and your pet.
- Tell everyone that you care about your pet's health! For example: I pledge to give my pet routine veterinary care because #IHeartMyPet!
- Be sure to tag @RedRoverOrg!
Ask your Twitter friends to sign up, too: #IHeartMyPet, so I follow @RedRoverOrg's tips for pet health! You can sign up, too: www.RedRover.org/IHeartMyPet
- October: Practice home and fire safety for your pet
- September: Getting separated during a disaster
- August: Preparing for common pet injuries
- July: Early warning signs of pet illness
- June: Summertime pet safety tips
- May: 6 tips to plan for a pet emergency
- April: Preventive care is worth it
- March: Furry and fit | Keeping your pet at a healthy weight
- February: Let's celebrate National Pet Dental Health Month!
- January: Still looking for a great New Year’s Resolution? Take the #IHeartMyPet pledge!
- Learn more about the #IHeartMyPet campaign
Have your veterinary clinic listed here: To encourage people to bring their pets to a veterinarian and initiate regular, routine care for their pets, we're asking clinics to offer free exams to first-time clients. To join the #IHeartMyPet campaign and have your veterinary clinic listed here, sign up now